Feeling Fine Canine Rescue has recently expanded our opperations to include “The Feeling Fine Foster Family”. The Feeling Fine Foster Family is a group of dedicated supporters and friends who choose to bring one of our rescues into their homes temporarily while they search for their forever homes.
Feeling Fine Canine only allows dogs that have already gone through our rebailitation program to be placed into foster homes. If you see an animal who is under our care that is still in the process of being rehabilitated that you wish to foster, please contact us via email at FeelingFineRescue@Yahoo.com to arrange to become a preapproved foster family for said animal so that when they are healthy they can then be placed into foster care immediately.
Requirements and Guidelines for Foster Families:
- Be 21 years of age or older.
- If you rent your home you must have consent from your landlord to have a dog.
- Have all dogs and cats in the home spayed or neutered, if they are 6 months or older, unless there are medical reasons for not doing so.
- Have all dogs in the home up to date on vaccinations.
- Agree to have a home visit done by our organization and have routine well checks
- Agree to have the dog wear a Feeling Fine Canine Rescue ID tag on its collar at all times when in public or outdoors.
- Agree to never allow the foster dog to be off leash when it is outdoors, unless it is in a securely fenced in area.
- Agree to have the foster dog reside in the home, not outside. The foster dog may NOT be left outdoors if you are not at home. This includes outdoor kennel runs.
- Agree to never allow foster dog to be left unattended with young children.
- Agree to cooperate with our organization in order to get dogs adopted by transporting and occasionally attending local adoption events with our organization (You will be given prior notice)